As brands continue to engage their audiences and capture imaginations, there is a growing focus upon the role of storytelling. Effective content marketing is about mastering the art of storytelling.
Compelling storytelling plays the most crucial role in making an effective content. Explosion of social media and the ability to easily create and share content have truly empowered the consumers. Now, they talk about brands online.
Brands need to embrace and master the art of story telling, if they want to engage with your audience. Much more than their products, we are in a world where a brand’s values and the emotions they evoke are narrative material.
Storytelling is a step in the right direction. Why?
- Consumers present online have great control over which marketing messages they want to receive.
- They could simply opt out of annoying direct marketing messages.
- They’re expecting companies to do more than simply promote their own products and services.
- To remain relevant, brands need to know how to tell compelling stories to reach them.
“Gone are the days when brands could just broadcast their message and reach their audience. They now need a good story to break through,” says John Sachs in his article “Four Steps to Build Brand Awareness Through Storytelling“
What make your storytelling click with your audience:
- Storytelling is an art. Your story must not simply sell or pushes corporate messages. Your story should interests, engages and adds value to your audience’s’ life.
- Don’t weave dry, factual information into your story. Nobody will read it.
- Frame your content with a compelling Big Idea, and your story should revolve around this idea.
- Before you start writing a brand story, gather interesting information about your brands and the industry in which it is operating. This will leave consumer engaged and enriched
- Key to a successful brand storytelling is what audience need and want, not what your brand has to offer
What is the art of storytelling? What are the essential steps to begin your storytelling? Click the link below to know more about the art of storytelling.